11.13.2011

Black powder

 

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving with the in-laws, who like to talk about the youthful hi-jinks of T.G. and the Tall Brother.  They had some very Calvin-esque adventures, and I can just imagine this happening at their house.

I've gotta say, I'm rather relieved that this baby is a girl and that we don't live near any sheer-walled canyons.  I'm hoping that cuts down on the "Hey, Mom, did we ever tell about the time..." stories I have to hear about twenty years from now.

3 comments:

MagistraCarminum said...

The in-laws are looking forward to you coming, too! And I'm afraid all kids have those types of stories, though some are slightly more dramatic than others...

Jenifer Hanson said...

you know your MIL's family has them, and we had no canyons at all...just bluffs and abandoned lead mines...and the mighty river...

Bethany said...

I've been surprised at the lack of those stories The Marine has. I think he was a really careful little kid in order to make up for the "Did I tell you about the time in boot camp/the field/Afghanistan that we..." stories he's now collecting.