9.23.2013

Review: The Three Snow Bears


The Three Snow Bears
The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



A beautifully illustrated Eskimo-themed retelling of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I've been asked to read this one over and over and over and over and over this week. The text has some tweaks to make it incorporate sled dogs, igloos, and polar bears, but the kiddo definitely recognizes the story. The pictures are detailed and gorgeous. I especially like the inclusion of a medallion on each page showing what the other characters are doing; for example, while Aloo-ki (the Goldilocks character) is trying on the bears' boots, there's a little inset picture of the bears going for a swim.

We borrowed this from the library as a board book, but it's too small to get the full effect of the pictures.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVED this book growing up. Of course, anything by Jan Brett is fabulous (definitely get the bigger version so you can fully appreciate her illustrations). I'll have to hunt this down when Teddy's old enough. :-)