12.02.2011

Nerdy moment of the day

For Christmas, I bought That Guy this year's LEGO Star Wars advent calendar, which he, obviously, will be opening before Christmas.  Yesterday he opened the number-one door to find a little bag of LEGO pieces and some assembly instructions.

The finished item was clearly a space ship of some kind, but he handed it to me, saying, "I don't recognize this one."

And then, a crowning moment of awesome. The next words that came out of my mouth were "It looks kind of like the Tantive IV, but red. Isn't there something like that in Episode 1?"  I think this is where I have to admit seeing The Phantom Menace three times in-theater. Don't blame me; I was 13 and didn't know any better.

A quick consultation of Wookiepedia confirms my suspicion: it's a consular-class cruiser that "was designed as a 'devolved' version of the Tantive IV to provide a link to the original trilogy." 



By the way, the Tantive IV, for the less-pathetically-nerdy among you, is the space ship in the opening scene of Star Wars when Princess Leia is being pursued by Darth Vadar.  But I still don't know anything about Star Trek, I promise.

No comments: