5.11.2012

Stuff I'm loving (non-baby edition)

Flex-Straw picture from user Roadsidepictures on Flickr
  1. Bendy straws: I know it's ridiculous, but I drink more water if I'm using a bendy straw.
  2. My Thirsties small wet bag: Instead of diapers, I use it for my wet pool stuff.
  3. Boxes and baskets: If it's in something, it's easier to move.  Need to wipe down the bathroom counter? If all the odds'n'ends are in something, the counter is clear in an instant.
  4. Tile and Grout Magic: The only thing that takes the hard water stains off the shower doors. I'm all for natural, non-toxic cleaning products, but sometimes the best thing is the stuff that will asphyxiate you in ten seconds flat.
  5. Making the bed: It just makes things look neat, even when they aren't.
  6. My mandoline: I should have put this first because I love it so much. It makes scalloped potatoes a  reasonable option instead of maybe-on-Saturday-while-T.G.-holds-the-baby. It makes paper-thin marinated cucumbers easy. It makes things fast in the kitchen, and that is something I need.
  7. Making cheese at home: Much to my surprise, it actually worked. Sort of. The result was sufficiently cheese-like that I'm going to try it again. 
  8. Crane & Co. stationery: Makes my quickly dashed-off letters and notes look like I tried. Versatile when I don't have an occasion-appropriate card.
  9. This whole wheat bread: Now that pretty much everyone I know has gone gluten-free/paleo/nourishing traditions/totally crazy, I finally found a whole-wheat flour ONLY bread recipe that doesn't have the texture of hockey pucks. It totally works, although I admit that I'm not much of a recipe follower when it comes to bread, and I think the only thing I measured last time was the water; it's more about the technique than the recipe.
Isn't it beautiful?

No comments: