2.03.2013

Review: Faith Through Fire: Rwanda and Me


Faith Through Fire: Rwanda and Me
Faith Through Fire: Rwanda and Me by Randall Bennett

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I'll be honest. When I heard that this book, written by a missionary to Rwanda who grew up in my home church, was being self-published, I kind of rolled my eyes. I thought a memoir of the Rwandan genocide would be interesting, but I was skeptical about the quality of the writing.

I was wrong. It's not Tolstoy, but I can't put it down. And (the reason I'm writing a review before I've finished the book), it's free at the Amazon Kindle store this weekend.



View all my reviews

3 comments:

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany said...

This is not actually written by Gary but by his brother Randy. Don't know why this is posting as unknown.

Bethany

The Minnesotan with the German-Irish Name said...

Yeah, I know. I should have said something about it being Gary's memoir, written by Randy. It seems really odd to me that Gary doesn't have a co-author credit because it's from his perspective.