12.06.2010

The twentieth day before Christmas

Whoops, I'm late!  Due to the snow, the church ladies' Christmas tea was postponed one day, which cut into my Sunday blogging time.  Here's a bit more about winter weather, in honor of my ten-degree wait at the bus stop this morning, from Garrison Keillor:
Growing up in a place that has winter, you learn to avoid self-pity. Winter is not a personal experience; everybody is as cold as you, so you shouldn't complain about it too much. You learn this as a kid, coming home crying from the cold, and Mother looks down and says, ‘It's only a little frostbite. You're okay.' And thus you learn to be okay. What's done is done. Get over it. Drink your coffee. It's not the best you'll ever get, but it's good enough.
In other news, though I love cold weather, something I love even better was walking out of the Christmas Tea last night to find my car parked and warming in the garage, thanks to Pastor and his valet-parking Christmas elves.

No comments: